This course is a mandatory safety awareness course.
Aims of Safe Pass
• To raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry;
• To ensure that all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with a view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards;
• To maintain a register of personnel who have received such training;
• To provide all participants with Safepass registration card which will indicate that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
Benefits For Employers
• Improved safety culture;
• Reduction in accidents on site;
• Reduction in lost time due to accidents;
• Improved employee morale;
• Identification of personnel with recognised safety awareness training.
• Improved health and safety awareness;
• Recognition of safety training;
• Personal development;
• Provision of a Safe Pass registration card;
• Improved employment prospects.
Reference : http://www.fas.ie/en/Training/Employee+Training/Safe+Pass/Aims+and+Benefits.htm
Promoting a Safety Culture;
• Duties and Responsibilities at Work;
• Accident Reporting and Prevention;
• Working at Heights;
• Excavations and Confined Spaces;
• Working with Electricity Underground and Overhead Services;
• Personal Protective Equipment;
• Use of Hand Held Equipment, Tools and Machinery;
• Safe Use of Vehicles;
• Noise and Vibration;
• Manual Handling;
• Health and Hygiene.