This course is a mandatory safety awareness course.
Aims of Safe Pass
• To raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry;
• To ensure that all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with a view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards;
• To maintain a register of personnel who have received such training;
• To provide all participants with Safepass registration card which will indicate that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
Benefits For Employers
• Improved safety culture;
• Reduction in accidents on site;
• Reduction in lost time due to accidents;
• Improved employee morale;
• Identification of personnel with recognised safety awareness training.
• Improved health and safety awareness;
• Recognition of safety training;
• Personal development;
• Provision of a Safe Pass registration card;
• Improved employment prospects.
Reference : http://www.fas.ie/en/Training/Employee+Training/Safe+Pass/Aims+and+Benefits.htm
Promoting a Safety Culture;
• Duties and Responsibilities at Work;
• Accident Reporting and Prevention;
• Working at Heights;
• Excavations and Confined Spaces;
• Working with Electricity Underground and Overhead Services;
• Personal Protective Equipment;
• Use of Hand Held Equipment, Tools and Machinery;
• Safe Use of Vehicles;
• Noise and Vibration;
• Manual Handling;
• Health and Hygiene.
Furthermore we run both an Enterprise Club for businesses and a Jobs Club for Job Seekers. We hold a number of Positive Employment Seminar’s in the effort to distribute information regarding re employment or starting up a new business.
We run programmes that build human capital through needs generated training. These programmes cover a range of demographics from young people to senior citizens. Our Benefit 4 programme is free, with a core objective to reach the harder to reach groups such as the unemployed, older people and the disadvantaged. All our courses, if not free, are affordable to our target groups and we endeavour to ensure that affordability it maintained. We run courses on a breakeven basis, if they benefit our target group, especially improving their employability. ...