This one day training workshop is for support workers and managers in residential or community settings who wish to explore and develop an understanding of the complex issues that surround substance use and its potential for abuse by service users. Particular emphasis is on the Class B drug
Cannabis and legal highs. The course will use a variety of teaching methods , including video, practising scenarios, myths quiz, and audit handout material.
Who should attend?
Staff who support individuals who may be using or miss-using drugs in the place of care.
• Know the most common illegal substances with the potential to be used
• The drugs pyramid
• Cannabis – a brief overview of the drug and its effects
• Recognising the signs and symptoms of cannabis use
• Know the most common problems associated with cannabis misuse
• Cannabis and medication
• The half life of cannabis
• Know where the law stands on cannabis
• The complex ethics and responsibilities of Support workers
• What to do if? Learners practice interventions with scenarios
• Understand the implications of criminal activity for SU’s and support
• Know where to source your employers policy on drugs
• What to do to reduce the risk of misuse
Equivalent Relevant information
1. Certificates are issued for each learners and if dated, are valid to that period. N.B Learners attending must complete the entire duration of the training to qualify for a certificate.
2. A learner assessment may be required post training for audit and PDP purposes.
Registration details are kept by us for Seven years and are legal documents. It is important to register in block capitals clearly on the day.
Over the years George has managed and successfully marketed his own businesses. He has now passes the skills he has learnt to owners and managers of social care settings. George is often a guest speaker at conferences and seminars explaining how to fill care home beds and promote homes successfully.
He is a published author of many books. His latest book The Guide to Filling Care Home Beds is due for publication December 2011.
George currently lives across two continents, having homes in both Italy and the UK with his family. If you need any more information you can contact him on [email protected]
THCTC provides education that’s entertaining to staff and volunteers. And entertainment that’s educational to your customers and the people who use your service.
The Healthcare Training Company is the best learning and development training provider in the UK. We stand by our claim and offer a no quibble money back guarantee on all our courses if your not satisfied. Does your current provider?
For details on our courses contact Louisa on 01245 357132 or [email protected]
if you are looking for training you can access funding through Skills for Care for our courses.