This course is intended for Project Managers, Site Managers and Senior Supervisors as well as Proprietors of smaller companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with the current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory roles
- Develop an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
- Identify hazards and implement control measures
- Duties under The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2007
- Duties under The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Identification of on site hazards (CoSHH / Work at Height etc.)
- Site safety monitoring
- Requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
During the course projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the tutor. At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment. Delegates who successfully complete the projects and assessment are awarded the Construction Skills Site Management Safety Training Scheme Certificate (SMSTS).
|Weekdays||8:15 — 04:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||20|