The origins of sign language date back to the early stone ages, as humans didn’t evolve enough to speak. They used to communicate using signs and drawings, and utilizing those principles the modern day sign language has resurfaced for the hearing impaired. The UK alone has more than 150,000 hearing-impaired individuals and in order to communicate with them, you can take this British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1 & 2 course.
This course consists of various modules that are all geared towards helping you learn how to communicate using sign language. You start out with learning about family, following which you move onto describing people and animals where you look into stuff like ethnic groups, religion and clothes. Next, you learn to sign different activities at school like vocabulary, subjects and people who work at school. This course will also teach you to sign work, home and leisure related activities along with other aspects of everyday life such as time, opinions, illness and health. The course has a lot more to offer as you will see sign language examples incorporated within stories as well.
Overall this course can be very effective in order to learn sign language and if you get it now, you will only get a head start.
Who is the course for?
- People interested in working in social services for the hearing impaired
- Professionals who are required to know sign language in the workplace
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
|No. of Participants:||886|
- We are best known for offering awarding body accredited online courses that are available for anyone wishing to acquire a certification to take their professional careers to the next level. As an online learning platform, we know that there are people who consider themselves curious learners but the courses pique their interests are not available in their area. Therefore, John Academy provides the opportunity for them to learn in a convenient way – wherever they are and whenever they want.
- To make learning more accessible to learning enthusiasts, regardless of where they are residing in the world.
- To offer a variety of courses of different levels for students to choose from.
- To position our organisation as a leader in the industry of online learning.
- To maintain the good credibility and reputation that we have built as online course providers.