Intended for farmers who wish to learn about Health and Safety and complete the Farm Safety Code of Practice - Risk Assessment document. It addresses the main areas of farm hazards and offers advice on solutions and control measures.
Designed for all farmers. This course is designed to give a practical approach to improving safety on the farm. Course is suitable for anyone who works on a farm.
- Introduction & Housekeeping
- Aims & Objectives
- Background to Farm Safety
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment / Workplace Hazards
- Reasons for Health and Safety
- Work Safety legislation and duty of care on the farmer
- Duties of Employers
- Duties of Employees
- Accident / Incident Statistics
- Trends in Farm Deaths
- 2010 Farming & Forestry Fatalities by Incident Cause
- Non-Fatal Accidents
- The Causes of Accidents
- Consequences of Injury and Ill Health
- Safety Culture
- Guidance to Completion of Farm Safety Risk Assessment Document
- Farm Safety Code of Practice
- Risk Assessment Document
- Children on Farms
- Older Farmers
- Tractors, Farm Vehicles and ATV'S
- Safe use of all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Loading and Unloading
- Animal Behaviour
- Fear responses
- Farmyard and Building Safety
- Workshop / repairs
- Portable and fixed equipment
- Health of farmers
- Personal health
- Biohazards from Slurry, Cattle Waste and Mouldy Feeds and Bedding
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual handling
Safety Signs on Farms
- Types of signs - colours and shapes
- Competence and Training
- Reporting of Accidents
- Safe System of Work Plan
Learners who attend this module will:
- Gain an insight into farm health and safety
- Receive an understand of the principles of farm health and safety
- Guidance to completion of Risk Assessment Document
Method of Delivery
- Classroom training
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Samples of Personal Protective Equipment
- Whiteboard - Illustrations
- Practical demonstrations
1 Day (½ day courses can also be arranged)
Full Safetech certification of attendance is provided on successful completion of this course.
Max. No. Participants
Please note is it advised all participants bring their own Farm Safety Code of Practice - Risk Assessment Document as this can be completed during the course.
Welcome to Safetech Consulting & Training. Providing complete safety consulting and training services.
Safetech Consulting & Training specialise in safety consultancy and safety training. Safetech is one of the most well established safety training organisations in the North West of Ireland, with a highly dedicated training staff providing services all around the country.
Safetech has an experienced and highly skilled and qualified team, with the ability to provide professional safety services to industries such as Retail, Education, Entertainment, Transport, Licencing, Construction, Farming, Forestry, Hotel, Catering, among others.
Our headquarters are situated in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, which enables us to provide a nationwide service with particular benefit to counties in the North West and the Border Midland regions. We can arrange on-site training, site visits and inspections all around the country according to our clients needs.
We have provided training for State & Semi-State bodies, such as ESB, SOLAS, Udaras na Gaeltachta and Local Authorities.
Our trainers are competent having many years experience in their respective fields. They are qualified trainers / assessors and are approved by QQI, SOLAS, NISO, CITB, RSA and IOSH Ireland. We are a corporate member of the National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO) and the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). ...