The work area
- Using toolbox, panels and menus
- Opening, saving and closing files
- Customising the work area
- Preferences and defaults
- File export
- Creating new documents
- Setting up master pages
- Using ruler guides, smart guides and grids
- Inserting text
- Placing text – incl. file formats
- Threading text – flowing text
- Import options – what can be imported
- Entering special characters
- Using the Story Editor
- Tracking changes
- Using Find/Change
- Spell checking – incl. languages
- Colour theory – RGB/CMYK/Spot colours
- Applying colour
- Colour swatches
- Filling and stroking shapes and transforming objects
- Eyedropper tool
- Formatting text
- Size/leading/tracking/kerning/ indents/spaces…
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Character, Paragraph and Object styles
- Importing and deleting styles
- Placing images
- Using the content collector tool
- Modifying graphic frames and their contents
- Using the spacing tool
- Creating in-line frames
- Wrapping text around objects and managing links.
- Master Pages – creating ‘page templates’
- Auto page numbering
- Creating, locking, hiding, printing
- Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Customising Bullets and Numbers
- Setting up Tabs
- Creating and editing tables
- Adding content and formatting tables
- Creating assets for use in InDesign and across CC
- Managing Links
- Publish online feature
- Publish on Behance
- Adobe Comp
- Adobe Capture
Armada has been hosting training courses for professionals for over 10 years. We specialise in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, e-Learning, Technical Communication and web development applications.
- Users of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and other CAD design products.
- Technical authoring.
Armada is both an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC) and an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC). Our technical authoring courses are accredited by organisations including the ISTC and MadCap. These accreditations ensure a high standard of training and facilities.
Armada is committed to providing:
- Training of the highest quality delivered by trainers who are experts in their field.
- Competitive rates.
- A comfortable and professional learning environment conducive to learning.
Scheduled courses are hosted at our venues in:
- Milton Keynes.
On-request courses (one-to-one training or a course for your group) can be hosted at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.