Our General English courses are perfect if you want to improve your all-round English skills and learn how to communicate effectively. We offer teaching for various levels – from beginner to advanced.
In addition to course books, teachers use a variety of authentic and topical materials and activities. Our teachers encourage participation in conversational activities to make lessons interesting. These courses include a number of exercises focusing on comprehension, speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary development and cultural experience. You will be given regular homework and at the end of the week, you will revise what you have learned.
All students while enrolling will need to take a multiple choice placement test and have a short speaking interview in order for us to establish whether your English is at a suitable level for you to follow the course.
- The course has a balanced programme: speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, grammar
- The delivery is varied from pair and group work, student-led input, project work, and private study
- The course focuses on living and communicating in real-life situations in Britain
- There are regular progress tests and tutorials
- The course is available from Beginner to Advanced (See table below)
- Follow-on courses available: IELTS Preparation or one-to-one classes (on request).
- The course focuses on the 4 skills of writing (sentences, paragraphs, essays, reports), reading (specific information, main idea), speaking (discussions, seminars, presentations) and listening (lectures, live lectures, interaction)
- Lots of opportunities to practise your English and build on your vocabulary, spoken accuracy and pronunciation
- It also develops study skills including research, referencing, paraphrasing, note-taking, summarising)
- Welcome information pack
- Language level placement test on arrival
- Weekly progress tests
- Regular homework
- Use of our Computer Learning Centre
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the school
- Certificate of completion at the end of your course
- (Please be aware that you may need to buy a course book for a separate fee of £40. Please talk to the administrator for further information.)
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||10|