Give your competent persons a fire marshal training qualification to help manage their fire safety responsibilities.
Each workplace should have an adequate number of fire marshals (also known as fire wardens) who are responsible for certain areas of the workplace.
This course provides a valuable overview of fire safety and the responsibilities of competent persons/fire marshals in the workplace.
Who needs fire marshal training?
This course is ideally suited to those managing fire safety within a working environment. Therefore, fire marshal training is aimed at managers, supervisors, team leaders and fire marshals/fire wardens.
The course assumes no prior knowledge which therefore means those looking to begin their journey into managing fire safety can still attend.
Looking for a more basic overview of fire safety in the workplace? Our Fire Awareness course is ideal as an introduction to fire safety.
What is the role of a fire marshal?
A fire marshal has several key duties including:
- Implementing emergency plans in the workplace
- Consistently checking fire equipment, alarms and control measures (i.e. fire doors)
- Ensuring everyone is aware of the fire hazards and risks
- Informing employees and guests of the procedures in the event of a fire
- Leading fire drills
- Assuring everyone is accounted for in the event of an evacuation
- Assisting anyone in an evacuation (i.e. those with a disability)
Make sure your fire marshals know what to do in the event of a fire!
Candidates will learn a variety of fire safety topics. These include key legislation, how to prevent fires as well as hands-on fire extinguisher practice.
The full course content is:
- Possible causes of fire in the workplace
- Fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire safety risk: managing, controlling and identifying risks
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- In the event of a fire
- Safe operating procedures for portable firefighting equipment
- Fire equipment checks
- Hands-on fire extinguisher practice session
Candidates will receive a course booklet to assist them throughout the course. At the end of the course, candidates will undertake a multiple-choice exam paper to test their understanding.
Successful candidates will receive their certificate accredited through Highfield qualifications shortly after attending.
This qualification is valid for life, however, we recommend that candidates retake this course at least every 3 years. This will help to refresh their understanding & is a chance to receive the latest updates.
|Thu||09:30 AM — 04:30 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
|No. of Participants:||12|
We hold full accreditation and offer a wide range of courses taught by tutors which are backed by years of industry experience. And, with our excellent customer service, you will always get through to a friendly voice that has your best interests at heart.