This course was introduced on 1st April 2002 as part of the Site Management Safety Training Scheme. All Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificates issued after 1 January 2001 are valid for a five-year period from the date of issue. The two-day refresher course will enable current certificate holders to renew their qualification. This course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and update their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day SMSTS course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five-day SMSTS course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two-day refresher course.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention;
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law;
- Conduct risk assessments;
- Monitor health and safety performance;
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors;
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors.
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- A. Introduction to Health and Safety Management
- B. Managing Health and Safety
- C. Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- D. Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance
- E. Control of hazards and risks
Duration: 2 day block.
Handout: Each candidate receives copies of two CITB documents, XA 6 course workbook and 2 x GE 700 reference manuals.
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- (i) Full attendance of all course sessions
- (ii) Performance in each of the four core exercises
- (iii) An overall review by the course tutor
- (iv) A pass mark in the 50 question multi-choice paper
Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Certificate. This certificate will remain valid with CITB for 5 years.
|Wed, Thu||08:30 AM — 16.30pm|
|Wed, Thu||08:30 AM — 04:30 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|
|No. of Participants:||20|
Safety Mundo Ltd was founded in October 2008 and our Head Office and main training centre is in Letchworth Garden City in Hertfordshire.
We offer first class training and excellent customer services. Our aim is to support our customers from before their training commences and continue even once they have undertaken their training.
We offer exceptional learning solutions across a range of sectors which have been designed to engage learners at organisational, team and individual levels.
Our trainers are all experts in their field and maintain their CPD'S