The course provides update and refresher training and assessment for electrical and instrument technicians working in hazardous areas. Theoretical selection and fault identification training and assessment takes place within a number of simulated situations which allows operatives to continue to meet national competence standards.
- General principles, ignition properties and apparatus protection
- Standards, Certification and marking
- Flameproof Ex’d’ protection
- Increased safety Ex’e’,
- Type Ex’n’ protection
- Pressurisation Ex’px’, Ex’py’ and Ex’pz’ protection
- Intrinsic safety Ex ‘ia’, ‘ib’ and ‘ic’ protection
- Other methods of protection, Ex’o’, Ex’q’ and Ex’m’
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection
- Wiring systems, enclosure entries, cable glanding and earthing
- Inspection and maintenance to EN / IEC 60079-17
- Sources of ignition
- Equipment selection
- Fault finding exercises
Personnel with an electrical or instrument background involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical/instrumentation equipment for use in potentially hazardous areas onshore and offshore, whose CompEx certificate is approaching expiry.
Our extensive portfolio comprises of competency based courses, technical training, assessment and consultancy.
With our team of consultants we can advise, assess and provide training for organisations large and small, to meet with the National, International & European Standards and Directives.
EPIT is an approved certified CompEx centre and offers the nationally recognised courses, to electrical and instrumentation technicians. Courses are delivered in our custom built unit in Blackburn, Aberdeen, featuring lecture rooms along with a hands-on practical area.
Our Competency Plus Programme, which consists of a range of Ex, ATEX, HV/LV & Electrical Safety courses, are accredited by City and Guilds and are presented in our tailor-made facility which is stocked with a wide variety of Ex demonstration modules. These courses can also be carried out on any site, worldwide, and can be customised to suit specific requirements. ...