The course provides update and refresher training and assessment for electrical and instrument technicians working in hazardous areas. Theoretical selection and fault identification training and assessment takes place within a number of simulated situations which allows operatives to continue to meet national competence standards.
- General principles, ignition properties and apparatus protection
- Standards, Certification and marking
- Flameproof Ex’d’ protection
- Increased safety Ex’e’,
- Type Ex’n’ protection
- Pressurisation Ex’px’, Ex’py’ and Ex’pz’ protection
- Intrinsic safety Ex ‘ia’, ‘ib’ and ‘ic’ protection
- Other methods of protection, Ex’o’, Ex’q’ and Ex’m’
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection
- Wiring systems, enclosure entries, cable glanding and earthing
- Inspection and maintenance to EN / IEC 60079-17
- Sources of ignition
- Equipment selection
- Fault finding exercises
Personnel with an electrical or instrument background involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical/instrumentation equipment for use in potentially hazardous areas onshore and offshore, whose CompEx certificate is approaching expiry.