This course covers the safety, maintenance of chainsaws and felling and processing of trees up to 15” diameter.
This course is suited for candidates with little or no experience of chainsaw use.
PPE is available on loan for the duration of the course.
- Maintenance of the chainsaw.
• Protective clothing and safety features of the chainsaw
• Chain sharpening, fuelling, oiling.
• Starting chainsaw and pre-start checks.
• Felling of small trees using various felling techniques.
• Snedding or de-limbing of felled trees.
• Cross cutting.
• Take down of hung-up trees using hand tools.
Furthermore we run both an Enterprise Club for businesses and a Jobs Club for Job Seekers. We hold a number of Positive Employment Seminar’s in the effort to distribute information regarding re employment or starting up a new business.
We run programmes that build human capital through needs generated training. These programmes cover a range of demographics from young people to senior citizens. Our Benefit 4 programme is free, with a core objective to reach the harder to reach groups such as the unemployed, older people and the disadvantaged. All our courses, if not free, are affordable to our target groups and we endeavour to ensure that affordability it maintained. We run courses on a breakeven basis, if they benefit our target group, especially improving their employability. ...