This course covers the safety, maintenance of chainsaws and felling and processing of trees up to 15” diameter.
This course is suited for candidates with little or no experience of chainsaw use.
PPE is available on loan for the duration of the course.
- Maintenance of the chainsaw.
• Protective clothing and safety features of the chainsaw
• Chain sharpening, fuelling, oiling.
• Starting chainsaw and pre-start checks.
• Felling of small trees using various felling techniques.
• Snedding or de-limbing of felled trees.
• Cross cutting.
• Take down of hung-up trees using hand tools.